Comments and complaints
Although we try hard to give a good service, inevitably things sometimes go wrong. We hope you will let us know so that your problem can be sorted out. Often this can be done easily and quickly at the time it happens and with the person concerned. However, sometimes you may wish to make a more formal complaint and we ask that you speak to a member of the management team who will help to resolve things with you.
When you make a complaint, we aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong;
- Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
- Wherever possible, put the problem right;
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn't happen again;
- Give you the opportunity to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this.
We offer a practice-based complaints procedure to deal with any problems you may experience with the service we provide.
You can make your complaint using a complaint form available from our Reception or in writing.
Please give as much information as you can, then send your complaint as soon as possible to the practice for the attention of:- Suzanne Hughes-Rudd, Practice Manager, Castlegate & Derwent Surgery, Cockermouth Community Hospital, Isel Road, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9HT
or Contact Us using our secure form
We also like to hear good news and compliments, please let us know if you have received good care from our staff.
We have a patient participation group and love to see new members, please see Patient Group for meeting dates and details of joining our group.