FONT SIZE: S M L
We hope you find these useful
- Patient.co.uk: A wide and useful range of information by GPs for patients
- NHS.uk helping you take control of your health and wellbeing
General health websites
Sites that contain information about a range of conditions and health issues.
- BBC Health: information about health and news stories
- Embarrassing Problems: excellent site
- Medinfo: wide range of information and leaflets written by a GP
- Netdoctor: diseases, medicines and news promoted by Dr Phil Hammond
- StudentHealth: wide range of information aimed at students
- Surgery Door: good range of information, some quite complex
Specific health websites
Some websites that are specific to certain conditions or issues:
- Abdominal pain
- see 'digestive'
- Back pain
- Crohn's disease
- see 'inflammatory bowel'
- Digestive disorders
[e.g. irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, Ulcerative colitis)]
- Drug advice
- Talk to FRANK (advice about drug use, how to get help and inspirational stories
- Eating disorders (e.g. anorexia, bulimia)
- Heart disease (e.g. hypertension, angina, heart attacks)
- HIV / AIDS
- see 'digestive'
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, Ulcerative colitis)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Kids healthy snacking
- Liver disease (including hepatitis)
- Lung Disease
- Mental health
- Repetitve strain injury (RSI)
- Skin problems
- Sports injuries
- See 'anxiety'
- Travel health
- Young people
- Kooth Free, safe and anonymous online counselling and support for young people
Sexual Health and Contraception
Sexual health, safe sex, contraception, STIs, sexual problems.
- Fresh Manchester: advice for young people [0845 120 0710]
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (patient.co.uk)
- Society of Health Advisers in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexual problems (patient.co.uk)
- Contraception advice about different contraception methods and their effectiveness