Cash for Kids
Here at Castlegate & Derwent surgery we are delighted to announce that we will be working and supporting CFM’s Cash For Kids charity.
Cash for Kids is a grant giving charity raising funds to support children experiencing poverty, abuse, neglect and distress across Cumbria & South West Scotland.
They guarantee that a minimum of 80p from every £1 donated to us is re-distributed and every penny raised stays here in the local area.
Due to the current cost of living crisis, demand for help is increasing significantly. Our surgery hope to raise funds for the charity through various events throughout the year and feel this is a fantastic charity to support.
Some of the past success stories of the charity helping the children and families in Cockermouth include:
- Helping 198 children in the Cockermouth area through their Mission Christmas campaign- Could you be a secret santa and buy a gift for child in our area- More details later in the year!
- Providing 10 years of support to Highfield Community Centre in Cockermouth, with Mission Christmas including gifts of bikes, toys and gifts.
- Signposting families to furniture and baby equipment.
- Gifts in Kind- including tickets to the theatre, cinema or days out.
- Joining in activities with local schools and groups in Cockermouth.
We will announce plans soon!
Published: May 27, 2022
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.