Did you know that smear tests provide the best protection against cervical cancer? This year Cervical Screening Awareness Week runs from 21st - 27th January 2019. Help to spread the message that #SmearTestsSaveLives visit jostrust.org.uk/csaw
- Every eligible woman and person with a cervix should have the opportunity to attend cervical screening. Lets help all woman to understand why the test is important.
- Every eligible woman to be able to attend
- Encourage action to make the test more accessible
- Cervical screening prevents 75% of cervical cancers from developing yet one in four women don’t attend. You can help us change this!
- We want to increase awareness and make it easier for everyone to take up their smear test invitation.
- Barriers to cervical screening can make it difficult to attend- We know attending is not always easy and some people find it difficult for many reasons. During Cervical Screening Awareness Week we will be addressing some of the different barriers and talking about how cervical screening can be made easier for more women and people with a cervix to attend.
- From struggling to book an appointment to feeling unsure or anxious, or not understanding why it is important, we want every woman to know where they can find support and tips.
Published: Jan 11, 2019