Our highly trained and skilled nursing team deal with a range of conditions and health concerns. They examine patients, make diagnoses and plan care, some of them can prescribe medications. We have treatment nurses, practice nurses and advanced nurse practitioners. Please review the list below to ensure you see the correct health professional. Our practice nurses are available by appointment during surgery hours. Nurse appointments can be booked by calling our reception or online at Patient Access.
Advanced Nurse Practitioners: Work alongside our GP's seeing a variety of patients including acute problems and reviews. The role involves managing patients from original presentation through to diagnosis and managemnet of their medical problem. Our team can prescribe tretaments and request further investigations.
Our Advanced Nurse Practitioners are:
- Sue Cashmore- Senior Advanced Nurse Practitionar (prescriber)
- Sharon Erlston- Senior Advanced Nurse Practitioner (prescriber)
- Mhairi Walker- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (prescriber)
Practice Nurses: Deal with a range of conditions and health concerns. They examine patients make dianoses and plan care, many of our team can prescribe medication. They are experts in many areas of Chronic Disease management such as Diabetes, Heart Disease, Respiratory conditions, COPD and Asthma.
Our Practice Nurses are:
- Barbara Robinson- Nurse Lead (prescriber)- Our nurse lead oversees our nursing team including Health Care Assistants (HCAs). Responsible for day to day management, training, nursing stock and equipment.
- Judith Murray- Nurse Practitioner/ Diabetic Specilaist (prescriber)
- Sophie Johnston- Practice Nurse (prescriber)
- Lydia Casson- Practice Nurse/ Diabetic Specialist
Treatment Room Nurses: Deal with a range of treatments including bandaging/ dressings, wound management, swabs, injections, childhood immunisations, Female and male catheterisation, tracheostomy, Coil check and removal, cervical smears and contraception advice.
Our Treatment Nurses are:
- Annette Fitzsimmons- Treatment Room Nurse/ Minor illness(prescriber)
- Clare Daniels- Treatment Nurse/ Sexual Health and Contraception (prescriber)
- Gayle Clements- Treatment Nurse
- Hazel Davies- Treatment Room Nurse/ Respiratoty
- Jackie Smith- Research Nurse