Castlegate & Derwent Surgery
Multi-Disciplinary Training Practice & Primary Care Medical Research Centre
Castlegate and Derwent Surgery aims to provide high quality health care in a responsive, supportive, courteous and caring manner.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PATIENTS: COVID-19
We are very carefully monitoring the situation with regards to the current COVID-19 outbreak and are implementing the necessary changes required to ensure that we deliver Primary Care as safely as possible under exceptional circumstances.
COVID SYMPTOMS? Patients with symptoms suggestive of COVID should get a test and stay at home. Visit www.gov.uk or telephone 119 to arrange a test.
- High Temperature (over 37.8)
- New, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Please follow the latest government advice- no one in your household should leave home if any one person has symptoms. Find out how to get a test and how long to isolate visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus or www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
Changes to the way we work at the surgery
- GP Appointments- For your protection the practice continues with a telephone triage system for GP appointments. Please call on the on the morning of the day you would like to be seen by one of our GP’s, phone lines open at 8am and appointments are quickly booked up. You may be in a queue but please be assured our reception team will answer your call as soon as they possibly can.
- Nurse and Health Care Assistant appointments- we are now able to book these in advance for you, just give us a call on 01900 705750.
- Video Consultations and Digitial Photographs- Our GPs and clinicians are increasing the use of video consultations with patients and may ask patients to send in digital photographs if appropriate that will help us to assess the patient. You will receive a text message with instructions of how to send the image. By sending the image you are consenting to the image being saved on your medical record.
- Please telephone our Reception on 01900 705750 or Castlegate Pharmacy on 01900 826018 with any enquiries please DO NOT visit the surgery.
- Visiting the building- Your cooperation is key to the smooth running and safety of fellow patients and staff. Do not attend the premises if you have symptoms or have been informed to isolate due to a positive contact.
- You MUST wear a face covering that should cover your nose and mouth. You will not be allowed access if no face covering is worn and you will not be able to be seen by our clinicians. No mask - No see!
- Please do not wear gloves.
- You will have your temperature checked before entering the building.
- If possible attend alone, carers and parents of course are able to attend. Our aim is to minimise the number of people in our waiting area at one time.
- We have a system in place in our waiting area that allows patients to be seated 2m apart.
- Hand sanitisers are available and should be used by all visiting patients.
- We are here for you- Please be reassured the Surgery and Pharmacy are a 'Safe' area to visit, we are following strict protocols to ensure the safety of all. Our GP’s and nurses are here for you and we continue to ensure that people who need care or medical assistance receive it. Do not ignore other health issues or ongoing medical conditions please get in touch.
- Online services- booking appointments using online services have been suspended due to the current situation, to book an appointment please telephone our Reception on 01900 705750. Prescription requests can be made online or by telephoning the surgery.
- Latest information can be found at www.gov.uk/coronavirusor www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- COVID-19 requests for fit notes- Our GP's will NOT be able to issue a medical certificate for patients requiring time off work due to COVID-19. Click here for further guidance
- School letters of absence- Please note that it is not a GPs responsibility to issue school letters of absence for your children. Government guidance is that school attendance is mandatory unless your child is self-isolating, has symptoms of COVID-19 or is close to someone who has COVID-19.
The safety of all patients is of paramount importance to us and we would like to reassure you that we are taking as many precautions as we possibly can. We thank you for your patience during the change in our systems and appreciated your support and understanding.
COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE: We are an approved COVID- 19 Vaccine Site- Our vaccinationclinics are making great progress- please follow our Facebook page or click here for the latest updates
Keeping active by taking regular exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing major illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes. Physical activity and exercise can have immediate and long-term health benefits, whilst making a positive impact on your mental health and wellbeing. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life. We have pulled together a variety of links to useful websites that can help to inspire you to start exercising and to keep active. Visit our 'Keeping active' page for details.
Keeping you up to date with all the surgery news! Click here to view the latest edition of our newsletter or you can also pick up a copy from our waiting area.
Online Access is available for our patients, allowing you to book/ cancel appointments, order repeat prescriptions and view your medical record online. Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and all from the comfort of your home or whilst on the go! why not give it a try! Click here for more information