Armed Forces veteran friendly accredited GP practice
We, at Castlegate and Derwent Surgery are proud to be an accredited Veteran Friendly GP practice and to support our veteran community this Remembrance Day.
As a Veteran Friendly GP Practice we:
- Have a clinical lead for veteran health Dr Simon Desert, who is supported by the whole practice to improve veteran health services.
- Ask patients ‘Have you served in the Armed Forces?’ to help identify veteran patients and code them on our system.
- Support veteran patients to access dedicated health services.
- Undertake regular training and development to meet the health commitments of the Armed Forces Covenant and better understand the needs of veteran patients.
If you’re a veteran patient, please let us know that you have served so that we can make sure that we understand your health needs.
A University of Chester study revealed that the Veteran Friendly Accreditation programme, which is run by the Royal College of General Practitioners in partnership with NHS England, leads to better healthcare.
If you are ex-forces
- Please let your GP know to help ensure you are getting the best possible care.
- We have included this as a question on our registration form or you can let us know by updating your details
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.