Castlegate and Derwent Surgery aims to provide high quality health care in a responsive, supportive, courteous and caring manner. We will:
- Provide a service which puts our 17,500 patients welfare at the heart of all we do
- Strive to offer continuity of care
- Work within the framework of NHS Primary Care Services to provide professional medical, nursing and other services which meet the identified needs of patients
- Promote best practice through utilizing specialist expertise within the practice team and externally and encouraging the continuous professional development of all members of the practice team
- Nurture a culture which is innovative, forward looking and adaptable
- Take into account the evidence provided by scientific and medical research in our treatment
Caring for wellbeing in body, mind, spirit and relationships
- Conveying compassion in word and action
- Assessing and responding to needs
- Providing an appropriate range of services
- Maintaining a health promoting environment
- Showing courtesy
- Seeking to understand
- Treating all fairly
- Valuing each person as a unique individual
- Being especially supportive to the vulnerable
Working as a team
- Relating well within the team
- Communicating effectively
- Valuing the contribution of each team member
- Building a mutually supportive environment
- Co-operating with other teams
- Encouraging responsible involvement by our patients
- Speaking and acting truthfully
- Being accountable for our actions
Learning and improving
- Adapting to change
- Invest in our people through training and development
- Building on achievements
- Developing our services
Our Aims & Objectives for 2018/2019
- To provide high quality, safe, professional Primary Health Care General Practice services to our patients.
- To ensure our patients have access to services in a safe and timely manner to seek the required care.
- To treat patients as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or a member of our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients.
- To work in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health and where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients.
- To encourage our patients to communicate with us by joining our Patient Participation Group, talking to us, participating in surveys, and feeding back on the service that we offer.