Castlegate and Derwent Surgery aims to provide high quality health care in a responsive, supportive, courteous and caring manner. We will:
- Provide a service which puts our 17,700 patients welfare at the heart of all we do
- Strive to offer continuity of care.
- Work within the framework of NHS Primary Care Services to provide professional medical, nursing and other services which meet the identified needs of patients.
- Promote best practice through utilizing specialist expertise within the practice team, encouraging the continuous professional development of all members of the practice team.
- Nurture a culture which is innovative, forward looking and adaptable.
- Take into account the evidence provided by scientific and medical research in our treatment.
Caring for wellbeing in body, mind, spirit and relationships
- Conveying compassion in word and action.
- Assessing and responding to needs.
- Providing an appropriate range of services.
- Maintaining a health promoting environment.
- Showing courtesy.
- Seeking to understand.
- Treating all fairly.
- Valuing each person as a unique individual.
- Being especially supportive to the vulnerable.
Working as a team
- Relating well within the team.
- Communicating effectively.
- Valuing the contribution of each team member.
- Building a mutually supportive environment
- Co-operating with other teams.
- Encouraging responsible involvement by our patients.
- Speaking and acting truthfully
- Being accountable for our actions
Learning and improving
- Adapting to change
- Invest in our people through training and development
- Building on achievements
- Developing our services
Our Aims & Objectives for 2022/2023
- To improve access to services for patients through reducing waiting times and making it easier for patients to contact us, using new technology methods.
- To endeavour to improve the overall health of our population through self-care campaigns and encouraging patients to make use of local services.
- To improve the overall patient experience.
- To look for new innovative ways of working, embracing change and developing new ideas to improve services to patients.
- Develop effective communications within teams and across the organisation.
- Facilitate the education and development of our staff.
- Provide a happy and healthy workplace.
- Support training of future healthcare professionals to include nurses, medical students, FY2, GP registrars or those considering embarking on a future career within healthcare.
- Continue to maintain our involvement with primary care research to improve outcomes for patient care.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.