Extra Care Register
We are delighted to help promote two schemes that will help our patients should an emergency situation arise:
Electricity North West (ENWL) Extra Care Register
Did you know you can register with Electricity North West (ENWL) for their extra care register? If you might struggle during a power cut, even for a few hours, their Extra Care team can help. There are lots of safeguards in place including passwords etc to keep you and your information safe.
You may still be able to register for other reasons if your situation isn’t listed - for example, if you need short-term support after a stay in hospital.
You are eligible to join the Extra Care register if you:
- have reached state pension age
- are recovering from an injury
- have a hearing or sight condition
- are pregnant or have young children
- need to use medical equipment that requires a power supply
- would struggle to answer the door or get help in an emergency.
- are disabled or have a long-term medical condition
- have a mental health condition
- have extra communication needs (such as if you don’t speak or read English well)
- have poor or no sense of smell
Cockermouth Emergency Response Group House Holder registration
CERG can assist residents in the Cockermouth area to plan, prepare and recover from an emergency, by working in partnership with local voluntary and statutory to plan for and respond to an emergency situation and by the use of volunteers and other resources to provide assistance during and after an emergency.
Register for their Household database and should an emergency arise they can:
- Prioritize our help for the most vulnerable households registered with us
- Warn as many households as we can of flood warnings
- Be a central contact point for advice
- Offer help where we can to move things if enough volunteers available
Published: Oct 10, 2023
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.