Our highly trained and skilled nursing team deal with a range of conditions and health concerns. They examine patients, make diagnoses, plan care, prescribe medications and referrals.
Advanced Nurse Practitioners
Work alongside our GP's seeing a variety of patients including acute problems and reviews. The role involves managing patients from original presentation through to diagnosis and management of their medical problem. Our team can prescribe treatments and request further investigations.
Our Advanced Nurse Practitioners are:
- Sharon Erlston - Senior Advanced Nurse Practitioner (Prescriber)
- Mhairi Walker - Advanced Nurse Practitioner (Prescriber)
- Lynn Lancaster - Advanced Nurse Practitioner (Prescriber)
- Mardiyyah Chowdhury
Deal with a range of conditions and health concerns. They examine patients make diagnoses and plan care, many of our team can prescribe medication. They are experts in many areas of Chronic Disease management such as Diabetes, Heart Disease, Respiratory conditions, COPD and Asthma.
Our Practice Nurses are:
- Clare Daniels - Nurse Lead (prescriber): oversees our nursing team, responsible for day to day management, training, nursing stock and equipment. Sexual Health and Contraception
- Judith Murray - Nurse Practitioner/ Diabetic Specialist (Prescriber)
- Sophie Johnston - Practice Nurse (Prescriber)
- Annette Fitzsimmons - Prescribing Nurse/ Minor Illness Nurse (Prescriber)
Treatment Room Nurses
Deal with a range of treatments including bandaging/ dressings, wound management, swabs, injections, childhood immunisations, Coil check and removal, cervical smears and contraception advice.
Our Treatment Nurses are:
- Hazel Davies - Treatment Room Nurse/ Respiratory
- Karen Eilbeck - Treatment Room Nurse
- Jade Latham - Treatment Room Nurse
- Michelle Adams - Research Nurse
Health Care Team
Our Health Care Team are made up of GP Assistants and Healthcare Assistants, both roles are important members of the practice team who work under the supervision of a qualified nurse. They are trained to a high level and their role has expanded to be able to perform a wide range of duties.
Including blood tests and blood pressure checks, Electro-cardiograms (ECGs), Anti-coagulation monitoring for patients on blood thinning medications (INRs), NHS Health Checks, administer some vaccinations, undertake simple dressings, removal of simple clips and sutures, undertake diabetic foot checks and assist doctors with minor operations.
Our Health Care Team are:
- Heather - GP Assistant
- Jodie - GP Assistant
- Julia - GP Assistant
- Kathryn - GP Assistant
- Katie - Healthcare Assistant
- Renu - GP Assistant
- Tom - Phlebotomy
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.